IWT partnered with U.S. Border Patrol to develop the innovative Coyote Sensor and Communication System™, a state-of-the-art border security solution installed along portions of the U.S. southern border. This system is specifically designed to address the challenges of border surveillance and enhance security through its unparalleled features and capabilities.
Unmatched Technology for Border Security
The Coyote Sensor and Communication System™ is built on a foundation of rugged, reliable Unattended Ground Sensors (UGS) with a remarkable mission life of up to 2 years. These sensors are equipped with cutting-edge encryption and operate on an ISM band communication protocol, providing secure and high-performance data transmission that outperforms competitor systems. Advanced algorithms integrated into the system optimize power usage and enable precise detection, ensuring accurate results while minimizing environmental false alarms and nuisance alerts caused by animals.
Comprehensive Detection Capabilities
One of the key strengths of the Coyote Sensor and Communication System™ lies in its ability to deliver unmatched sensing accuracy and persistent networked communications. The system can accurately detect various types of threats, including seismic digging, boat activity, and ultra-light aircraft, enabling border agents to respond effectively to potential security breaches. The system’s capabilities go even further, as it minimizes false alarms triggered by animal movements, ensuring that security personnel can focus on genuine threats.
Real-time Monitoring and Alarm Notification
The system offers border patrol agents access to real-time monitoring through an online web interface, allowing them to stay updated on the border situation at all times. Additionally, the system provides alarm notifications via email, enabling rapid responses to any suspicious activities. This prompt and reliable communication ensures that potential security breaches can be swiftly addressed, enhancing overall border security.
Key Components and Competitive Advantages
The Coyote Sensor and Communication System™ comprises several key components that contribute to its superiority over traditional border security solutions:
1. CoyoteUGS™: The Unattended Ground Sensors form the backbone of the system, offering ruggedness and long-lasting performance.
2. Repeaters: These components facilitate bi-directional communication, enhancing data transmission reliability and range.
3. Gateway and Server with GUI: The gateway acts as the communication hub, while the user-friendly Graphical User Interface (GUI) provides border agents with easy access to system data and controls.
4. AES Encryption: The system employs top-of-the-line AES encryption, ensuring secure communication and protecting sensitive data.
5. High Data Rate: The system supports high data rates, enabling real-time monitoring and quick response times.
6. Imager Support: The system’s capabilities can be further enhanced with the integration of imaging technologies, offering enhanced visual data for better situational awareness.
7. Interference Rejection: The Coyote system is designed to reject interference, minimizing the impact of external signals on its performance.
Low Maintenance and Ease of Use
The Coyote Sensor and Communication System™ is designed to be intuitive and user-friendly, requiring minimal training for effective deployment and operation. Its gesture-based activation and remote reprogramming features make it easy to use in the field, without the need for specialized tools. Additionally, the system’s remarkable battery life ensures low maintenance needs, reducing operational costs and increasing the efficiency of border security operations.
The system’s cutting-edge features, long mission life, and enhanced detection capabilities provide border agents with the tools they need. The collaboration between IWT and U.S. Border Patrol exemplifies the potential of public-private partnerships in advancing national security and safeguarding borders.