Communications & Tracking
The Smart Choice for Mining Communications & Tracking
IWT communications and tracking systems are designed for underground applications. Engineered to be highly reliable and extremely durable, our networks require little maintenance and make work safer and easier; all while outperforming Wi-Fi, leaky feeder, and text-based systems. The reusability, expandability, stronger signal and low maintenance provide an overall lower cost of ownership making IWT systems the smartest choice in comms and tracking.
IWT’s ACCOLADE® and second-gen SENTINEL™ systems deliver the features and benefits that matter most to mine safety and operations:
- Feature scalable with software: tracking, text & tracking, voice/text & tracking
- Crystal clear voice; choose from two handset models
- Handsets & tags enable continuous tracking of people and assets
- Battery or line-powered wireless infrastructure
- Up to 2,000 feet or more between infrastructure devices means less infrastructure is required
- MSHA and ATEX approved - Intrinsically Safe
Watch Real-time, Continuous Tracking
- Low installation and maintenance costs
- No cabling in the working sections
- Fastest section moves
- Remote troubleshooting
- Easy maintainability
- Integrates seamlessly with other IWT products and services allowing users to add to the system as they go
SENTINEL™ provides wireless voice, text, tracking, atmospheric monitoring, performance metrics and much more. Click to view specific features and deployment for each underground application.
- Coal Mining, including Longwall moves
- Hard Rock Mining
- Metal-Non Metal Mining
The Benefits are Clear
Download the whitepaper on the benefits one mine operator has seen with an IWT system.
Differences in Communication Networks
View the World Coal article on the pros and cons of various types of communication platforms.