Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for installation and support of Public Safety-related Land Mobile Radio (LMR) communication equipment and lighting equipment
Equipment installation sites include customer's vehicles, radio sites, towers and offices throughout West Virginia;
Technician will support LMR systems and perform preventative maintenance checks of LMR equipment under the supervision of higher level technicians;
As technician gains in basic knowledge, greater work independence is expected;
Other duties as assigned
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
A High School, Technical Vocational School or Associates level degree or its equivalent is required for this position.
- Must possess a current valid state driver’s license, must have and maintain clean driving record
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
Persons with previous two-way radio experience, preferred.
Persons with installation of audio equipment in vehicles experience, preferred, but not required.
Basic understanding of electrical principles, e.g. current, voltage, wire size, etc.
Basic understanding of two-way radio communications, preferred.
Mechanical aptitude to fabricate brackets and mounting solutions.
Ability to solder wires, connectors, etc.
Ability to climb ladders, install antennae, install cabling.
In depth knowledge of electronics theory, preferred but not required.
Ability to troubleshoot electronics at component level, preferred but not required.
Ability to operate service monitors and other RF test equipment, preferred but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to manage multiple activities/projects concurrently.
- Scheduling and organizing large numbers of people and equipment efficiently and quickly.
- Must have skill in using computers to record information and create reports; providing excellent customer service by phone; making basic mathematical computations; reading maps.
- Demonstrate a dynamic personality and positive attitude with the ability to remain calm and focused in a high stress environment.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the vendor organizations as well as our customers organizations.
- FCC General Radiotelephone License preferred but not required
- Able to reason through difficult operations problems, resolve said problems and/or relate same to others
Ability to safely drive for long periods of time.
Climb up to 60 feet above ground on ladders and catwalks
Stooping, bending, kneeling a minimum of 25 times per day
Lift 75 lbs. three times per day, floor to waist level
Walk/stand on uneven ground, walkways and catwalks throughout the work day
Climb ladders, steps and inclined walks minimum of 2 hours per day
Carry 50 lbs. minimum of 50 feet, 5 times per day
Ability to lift and push 100 lbs.
Communicate in person or by radio minimum of 2 hours per day
Capability of working for long periods of time in extreme heat and in dusty areas, confined spaces and heights
Ability to handle steel, machine parts and tools weighing up to 80 lbs. and assist others with this work
Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions: heat, cold, dust, and wet a minimum of eight hours a day.
Interested candidates should submit qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
IWT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IWT was established in 1997 and is dedicated to providing government and industry with products and engineering services centered on the wireless communications segment. IWT has core capabilities in system engineering, wireless architectures; mesh/ad hoc networks; sensor signal processing; geo-location; wide band/narrow band sensor networks; software/cognitive radio; software application development; signal processing and integrated circuit design and development.
IWT designs and manufactures wireless communications devices and associated software. IWT develops applications level and embedded software for its products. IWT sells software, hardware, and services to government and commercial markets. IWT provides field services to its customers in terms of technical support, installation, and distribution.