Designs, and develops hardware for wireless products. Successful candidate must be a flexible team player, willing to engage diverse technical challenges with creative solutions. The candidate will work in conjunction with a senior/development hardware engineer offering engineering assistance to ensure timely project completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibit proficiency in broad analytical, design, or development assignments related to product development.
- Understand hardware circuit design fundamentals with an emphasis on low-power devices.
- Conversant with RF, analog, and digital hardware design concepts. As the junior engineer progresses, they will begin to specialize in one of the three disciplines (RF, analog, or digital) according to their desires and IWT’s needs.
- Execute system testing of IWT products. New hardware or software development requires testing to verify all operational parameters are performing as intended.
- Perform Computer Aided Design (CAD) tasks including generating schematics, bill of materials, library parts, board layouts, and creating board files for manufacturing printed circuit boards. IWT will provide training to get the candidate familiar with all these tasks.
- Provide engineering support building and troubleshooting IWT products, assemblies, and prototypes.
- Design and analyze components and sub-systems to improve performance, add features, solve customer problems, and/or to reduce size and/or cost.
- Stay updated on changing technologies in the wireless arena.
- Travel to support our underground mining business including supporting operations both above and below ground, and other operational and test sites associated with IWT business. The candidate should expect to travel as much as 30% of the time.
Education and/or Experience:
Technical bachelor's degree (BSEE) from a four-year college or university, and 0-5 years of related experience preferred.
Basic knowledge of electrical circuit design fundamentals is essential.
Must possess a current valid driver’s license.
Must be eligible for a United States based Security Clearance.
Possess basic understanding of Windows Office Environment. Ability to learn the use of simulation tools required for design work.
Candidate must possess the ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Individual must display original thinking and creativity; meeting challenges with resourcefulness in a timely manner.
Must be able to stand, bend, climb, kneel, lift, push, reach or stoop for extended periods of time.
Interested candidates should submit qualifications to email@example.com
IWT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IWT was established in 1997 and is dedicated to providing government and industry with products and engineering services centered on the wireless communications segment. IWT has core capabilities in system engineering, wireless architectures; mesh/ad hoc networks; sensor signal processing; geo-location; wide band/narrow band sensor networks; software/cognitive radio; software application development; signal processing and integrated circuit design and development.
IWT designs and manufactures wireless communications devices and associated software. IWT develops applications level and embedded software for its products. IWT sells software, hardware, and services to government and commercial markets. IWT provides field services to its customers in terms of technical support, installation, and distribution.